What is the History Summit?
The History Summit is a one day event structured around six one hour online lectures and discussions. Each topic (full list below) has been chosen based on a review of the Leaving Certificate history exam papers over the past decade. Each speaker is a leading historian in their field.
Date: January 19th 2021
- Dr Mary McAuliffe
- Dr Brian Hanly
- Liz Gillis
- Dr Patrick Mulroe
- Dr Leanne McCormick
Each topic has been carefully selected based on recent Leaving Cert Exam Papers
- The Anglo‐Irish Treaty, 1921
- Social and economic problems faced by Irish governments, 1923-1945
- Cultural revival: the GAA; the Gaelic League; the Anglo-Irish Literary Revival
- Impact on Northern Ireland state of international developments, 1932-1945
- The threat and use of physical force in Ireland 1912- 1923
- The Sunningdale Agreement and Power-Sharing Executive 1973- 1974
How long does each presentation last?
Each lecture will each last approximately forty minutes, followed by a Q&A
The Irish History Summit – History made easy.
With lecturers from Ireland’s leading universities, second level teachers and RTE researchers, the Irish History Summit offers students and teachers a unique opportunity to access focused and engaging presentations on each subject area.
The speakers, all leading experts in their field, will participate in an online Q&A with students.
Places for the Irish History Summit can be booked here with for just €99 per class. There is an early bird discount of 10% on all bookings before November 30th.